Welcome to my blog:) I hope that today brings you happiness and good health!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Burn that junk food down! Day 10

Yesterday was a bit stressful overall so I was proud of myself for staying on the diet. It wasn't easy! To top things off, Garry brought home a favorite food of mine-a pizza! He had picked it up in a restaurant and it was in a cardboard box. Unbeknownst to me, he put it in the oven. I never do that unless we are eating it right away!
So when I decided to broil my buffalo burgers instead of bbq or pan fry-I preheated the oven without looking. Within minutes, I could smell toasted marshmallows! Looking around, I found smoke billowing out of the ovens vent. What the?!!!!

Garry managed to pull the pizza out of the oven and out the door while I got water to douse the flames. He burned himself a bit and the kitchen still smells of smoke. He was miffed but then I thought that it served him right-bringing pizza (hands down my favorite food!) into a Whole 30 home like that.

I would not feel the same if he got hurt or if the fire was out of control.

So that is one way to deal with a spouse who brings home junkfood and won't eat Paleo! lol


2 comments:

  1. A happy accident for you. ;) Smoked pizza anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess that I would of tried to salvage it once upon a time;)

      Delete